Kawasaki World banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Just procured a new battery for the Wang. Shoved in the juice and now it's charging on a charger I bought from Fisk (KMart) back around 1969.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Ah Yes.

Good 'ol Days.

Currently installing a clutch in the 'ol 12R i bought from Mike.

Did Blitz become a colorado liberal and start a Pot farm?

Did 238 become a realtor tycoon?

Did Go200 move onto a walker?

Ray M. (Deadwood) has moved on to tractors and harleys. His WD40 tractor now sports a near 600 CI BBC with Zoomies.

I kid, I kid. Funny to think I'm only 39 - which is still younger than you guys were when i met you all old fuggers in '03? at the Black hills Rally? - Remember the cop that pulled everyone over in WY? I'm now pretty good friends with the Sheriff there, because we live in that county. I'm 40 minutes away from Devils tower and a little over an hour from Mt. Rushmore. If any of ya old bastards ;) get this way, look me up. Thank all of you for the experiences back then. I'll never forget chasing Blitz through a corner at 140 and shitting my pants because we made it. I am and always will be a straight line guy, but those few days were a hoot.

-Corey

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Ah Yes.

Good 'ol Days.

Currently installing a clutch in the 'ol 12R i bought from Mike.

Did Blitz become a colorado liberal and start a Pot farm?

Did 238 become a realtor tycoon?

Did Go200 move onto a walker?

Ray M. (Deadwood) has moved on to tractors and harleys. His WD40 tractor now sports a near 600 CI BBC with Zoomies.

I kid, I kid. Funny to think I'm only 39 - which is still younger than you guys were when i met you all old fuggers in '03? at the Black hills Rally? - Remember the cop that pulled everyone over in WY? I'm now pretty good friends with the Sheriff there, because we live in that county. I'm 40 minutes away from Devils tower and a little over an hour from Mt. Rushmore. If any of ya old bastards ;) get this way, look me up. Thank all of you for the experiences back then. I'll never forget chasing Blitz through a corner at 140 and shitting my pants because we made it. I am and always will be a straight line guy, but those few days were a hoot.

-Corey
Hey Corey long time no hear !!! I thought you'd been abducted by aliens :) I was looking at some old pics from '06 the other night and wondered where the hell you'd gone. Good to know you're still messing about with a 12.

Have fun with the Sheriff lol

Andy

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I have news that's going to sting. With great regret, I've decided to sell the mighty 1999 Buell X1 Lightning Factory Special Edition Carbon Fiber Extreme, 173 of only 250 made. Employs a special carbon fiber using a blue thread manufactured by Hans (Debotech). This is not your father's Sportster. 101 bhp and 90 ft-lbs torque from this 1203 cc twin.

http://www.barbarian-cbx.com/id136.htm

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Jeeez, just stumbled across this. Talk about a great bunch of folks! Still remember ZedX dancing around his bike on a lonely highway after a solid 45 mins of all out Black Hills riding! Lots of good names still hanging around this site, nice to hear you all are doing OK!

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
What are you riding these days? I traded the 2005 Wing in for 2018 model... not sure it was worth the upgrade. Otherwise, got a 2012 14R that doesn't get nearly enough road time! Hope all is well
Still have the '01 12R, '02 Wang, and '99 Buell X1. I think I have the Buell sold to a guy in the Netherlands. Working on the shipping details now. Not riding much. Loving retirement.

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
I have news that's going to sting. With great regret, I've decided to sell the mighty 1999 Buell X1 Lightning Factory Special Edition Carbon Fiber Extreme, 173 of only 250 made. Employs a special carbon fiber using a blue thread manufactured by Hans (Debotech). This is not your father's Sportster. 101 bhp and 90 ft-lbs torque from this 1203 cc twin.

http://www.barbarian-cbx.com/id136.htm

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 88 Posts