Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a ZX11 several years ago and had to sell it. Now it is time to buy another one. But until I found this web site (by the way this web site is incredible). I almost changed my mind and I think I want a 12r. I did read every single post there is here, what an awesome source of information! anyways.

would someone tell me If I should get the 12? I really need your opinion or is there someone out there who has had both of them bikes and know the difference between those 2. I have 15 years of riding experience. Thanks in advance

[email protected]

PS: hey easyrider keep up the good work man!!!!!!!!!!

</p>

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a ZX-11 in 92 for 1 year.

And now I got a ZX 12r 2000.

Zx-11 have a better wind protection a position of riding more upright and it's a good sport touring machine, but for now it's a little bit aged.

Zx-12r are a more sport machine; better cornering, better handling, a lot more motor (enough to afraid yourself) it's a machine to drive with respect because the lot of horsepower available. In comparaison one is a tourer sport (ZX-11) and the other one is a sport sport tourer.

For myself I beleive the zx 12r have a lot more character.

Depends if you want a bargain (ZX-11) or bike fun to ride (ZX-12r)

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My last bike was a 85 750GPZ Turbo and the 12 is a spaceship in comparison.

</p>

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Heres how I look at: If you can afford a ZX12R, buy it. If you cannot afford a ZX12, or you have a special lust for the ZX11, buy it.

I've owned both bikes (98 ZX11 and 00 ZX12R) and the ZX11 was by far and away my favorite bike out of the 11 bikes I've owned. Until I rode the ZX12 (coincidently my 12th bike).

The 12 is much lighter and noticeably more powerful. The ZX11 is (in my opinion) a well above average motorcycle that is just at the end of its development lifecycle. This happens to all high performance (read: race technology just last season, on the showroom floor today) bikes.

Is the ZX11 obsolete today ? Hell no. I had to think long and hard before I made the decision to trade mine in.

Am I glad I did ? Yes. Do I sometimes have fond memories of my ZX11 ? You bet your ass. It was that good. The ZX12 is just the next natural progression.

Let your wallet guide you. You're going to be happy whichever way you go....

</p>

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I road my 12 from Canada to San Diego and back with no problems, I even have a bad back from a car accident. I think you get the best possible real world performance combination with the 12.

Get the 12 and then send me your pic so I can post it in the members section, you won't regret it.

Easyrider

[email protected]

www.ZX-12R.org</font>

Top 100 Bike Sites</font></p>

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Having owned 3 10's and 2 11's in the past, the 12 is a lot easier to handle weight wise, but, as you can imagine it also has a lot more horsepower as well, so it has to be respected! no messing!

I am highly delighted with my 12, it does everything that I ask of it. Power, weight, balance and a great long distance machine ie comfortable! I would recommend the 12 over the 11 every time. If you can get the chance, test ride a 12 and see for yourself.

Regards

Ted

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never owned a ZX 11, but a ZRX 1100 which of course is a standard with only standard horsepower (approx. 100). It was fun in a way but not nearly as much fun as the 12. I also had a 1999 CBR1100XX that I lived with for 8 K miles that I traded in on the 12. I don't think the XX was any smoother as all the mags claim and it sure dosn't have that extra kick. With a Corbin saet and Heli bars, I truly believe the 12 is more comfortable than the 'bird and I can sit in the saddle longer. The 12 is a great sport tourer if you wish to use it as that plus you have all that power. Believe me, I would rather go 350 miles per day on the back roads on the 12 than an ST.

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd say get the 12, but not unless you can get it in silver.....LOL

</p>

·
4,208 Posts
I have had 2 Zx 1000's 2 Zx- 11's ....(regretfully selling my 93 c model)...and now have an 01 ZX 12.......honestly the difference is night and day .........Hmm ergonomics.....12 is more like a 9 ......when you run outtta gas its time for a stretch anyway .......lol.......Gas mileage.......When its time for a stretch....LOL.....cut it by half of the zx 11....(about 100-120 and start lookin)........Power.....hands down 12......its simply intoxicating,........handling .....I rode my 11 down on the pegs with effort .......this seems simple second nature on the 12......TWO-UP Riding..........FORGET IT!!!!!....... In my eyes the decision should be made on what TYPE of Riding .....and Rider you are .......They are both machines that are capable of alot .......just depends on the approach you the rider wanna take...Brian

"Be Nice to the Police Officer.......Ya Never Know When He Owns 12!!!!</p>

·
Registered
303 Posts
zx-12 is awesome.one fine machine.take one of each,you'll never regret that.

</p>

·
4,208 Posts
one of each is tough........I love my 11......but never ride it ....I guess its cause they are so similar yet sooo different....must be the globs of free horsepower on tap...lol

"Be Nice to the Police Officer.......Ya Never Know When He Owns 12!!!!</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buy the ZZ-R1200 !!!

I has the best of both worlds.

Comfortable AND fast as hell.

i love mine.

</p>

·
Registered
649 Posts
Damm, I also have 1 of each...blk 98'zx11..dd full pipe,jetted k&n's, metzler m1's. I love it. Also got a 02' blkngold 12r,full race Akra pipe yosh ems, bmc filters. Kept the 11 incase I did'nt like the 12... had the 11 up for sale

1 week.....AIN'T SELLIN' either of'm. Don't ride the 11 as much either...I keep 1 covered up...ride the other...call me Krazy! I Likem' BOTH !

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I owned a 94 D ZX11 & currently have a 02 12R. I have a friend that put 90,000 miles on a 11 with no problems.

You really can't lose with either machine.

</p>

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I had a 93 ZX11-c and loved it! After it was taken away from me in a accident caused by a elderly driver who really shouldn't have been behind the wheel of his cage (car), I replaced the 11 with the 12. I do love my 12, dont get me wrong, but the 11 seemed more comfortable on longer rides, although its handling was less than stellar. I guess both bikes have their strong AND weak points......you'll be happy either way. I'm sure you can buy a clean 11 for about ½ the price of a 12 though.

</p>

·
Registered
38 Posts
Buy a ZZR-1200 and get a great mix of both the ZX-11 and the ZX-12. I have ridden mine up and down many twistie mountain roads. The 12R would have done it faster and cleaner but I could not have taken a passenger along to enjoy the ride and view. I have had a ZX10 and ZX11, the ZZR blows them both away in power on demand. It Pulls hard. Good luck in your decesion. Best advice, Try to find 1 of each for a test ride.

</p>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts