Kawasaki World banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Wedriverzs this one was stocker, I dont have a Power Commander so I really had to stick to stock.

James_otsr, what is this extended warranty? I'm DAMN glad for you that was covered, that bill would have been freaky!!!

I still am in awe over this forum, great people, smart people damn this works ! Thanks all for sharing the knowledge... p.s. if you happen to have benefitted like me then maybe just pop a couple of $ to the paypal link on the main page, sure as hell this site saved me a load so I intend on keeping up the paypals each time it helps (no doubt many in future)

Like he says dont feel obliged..
Heres the link anyway:
http://www.zx-12r.org/WebsiteContributions/PaypalContribution.htm

JasonBW

·
Registered
56 Posts
jasonbw said:
James_otsr, what is this extended warranty? I'm DAMN glad for you that was covered, that bill would have been freaky!!!
JasonBW
Yep and I've still got til next summer on it :).

That's actually nothing in the big picture.

August of 2004 started with a seized motor, then the problem I mentioned, strange oil leak they couldn't find for a while, and now its back in with a cutting out problem that they can't figure out. The bad news is I think its been in the shop a total of 4-5 months (and counting...) since then. The good thing is I haven't paid for a thing and now have a 2002 with a new motor, ECU, upper/Lower wire harness, all new sensors, new throttle body with TPS, and who knows how many other small items.

oh and a big +1 to the site too, thanks Easyrider!!

james

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all again, back to the fold (had the 2000 model when they first came out - sold it since the kiddies came along, now bought an 02 model cause I just can't be without my 12.)

Anyway, I've just bought this 12 2nd hand, it has 23,000k's (14,000mi) in great condition except... When I've now finally opened it up above 9000rpm I find the power just flatlines... theres still heaps of power, just nowhere near the rush that usually starts around that RPM range..

By Flatlines I mean it doesnt increase at all, and it doesnt feel smooth in case your wondering if the last owner modded it to produce all power down low.. on that thought I'd say its not a rev limiter either since it kinda surges and very slowly builds up RPM, just with nowhere near as much power as it should have.

I've ordered the compulsory K&N air filter for it, I'll pickup new plugs (which reminds me, this site favours the CR9EK-PA plug (CR9EKPA for searches) but theres now the iridium plug of CR9EIX available as an alternative, anyone used this?)

Anyway, back to the issue... have you any thoughts whatsoever on this? I'm thinking it would be air related (reason for the K&N) but anyone else have any thoughts?

Note: I havent yet checked the plugs, but I'm sure they're due for a change anyway (Id like to know the basics are all of good quality and working order anyway), oil I havent changed -but will this weekend- although the dealer said they gave it an oil change (and since I rode it without checking the oil clarity I can't be sure now as it would be dark oil already), and I've gone through two tanks of fuel from different sources with the problem existing in both fuels. No Power commander is installed, but I cant be sure if it ever was the only mod was an alarm which was taken off before sale (only noticed that since the rear indicators were spliced into I guess for the flashing of the indicators on arming/disarming)

Any thoughts???

Thanks all
JasonBW - Sydney, Australia
Hi all again, back to the fold (had the 2000 model when they first came out - sold it since the kiddies came along, now bought an 02 model cause I just can't be without my 12.)

Anyway, I've just bought this 12 2nd hand, it has 23,000k's (14,000mi) in great condition except... When I've now finally opened it up above 9000rpm I find the power just flatlines... theres still heaps of power, just nowhere near the rush that usually starts around that RPM range..

By Flatlines I mean it doesnt increase at all, and it doesnt feel smooth in case your wondering if the last owner modded it to produce all power down low.. on that thought I'd say its not a rev limiter either since it kinda surges and very slowly builds up RPM, just with nowhere near as much power as it should have.

I've ordered the compulsory K&N air filter for it, I'll pickup new plugs (which reminds me, this site favours the CR9EK-PA plug (CR9EKPA for searches) but theres now the iridium plug of CR9EIX available as an alternative, anyone used this?)

Anyway, back to the issue... have you any thoughts whatsoever on this? I'm thinking it would be air related (reason for the K&N) but anyone else have any thoughts?

Note: I havent yet checked the plugs, but I'm sure they're due for a change anyway (Id like to know the basics are all of good quality and working order anyway), oil I havent changed -but will this weekend- although the dealer said they gave it an oil change (and since I rode it without checking the oil clarity I can't be sure now as it would be dark oil already), and I've gone through two tanks of fuel from different sources with the problem existing in both fuels. No Power commander is installed, but I cant be sure if it ever was the only mod was an alarm which was taken off before sale (only noticed that since the rear indicators were spliced into I guess for the flashing of the indicators on arming/disarming)

Any thoughts???

Thanks all
JasonBW - Sydney, Australia
I had the same problem with my 04 zx12r, I replaced clutches, spark plugs, ignition coils, cleaned my bmc filters, new fuel pump and after all of that I still had the issue. Finally went to the shop and the mechanic cleaned the sock and the filter down in the fuel pump housing. Now is back to business, I'm back in love with my bike!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts