Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was involved in accident. Women ran stop sign took out my bike. I was going to buy a rolling frame and start rebuilding. What i noticed now is back motor mounting holes broke in half. Is it possible to have it welded back on. Or do think since those broke it would cause other cracks andfractures from those mounting spots

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Do you have the pieces that broke off? If so then a competent welder/fabrication guy could repair that. Savage, it really looks like you need to get a different 12. They sell all day long from 2500-5k
I PMd you a number to a guy how has a 12 that needs work.

cmg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Here is pics of what im talking about. Is it possible to fix?
I wouldn't touch it. I don' t see anyone fixing that at that spot and the bike still being OK... Buy a new frame and swap everything over. Or just sell AS-IS and start over (probably your best bet). Lots of good 12Rs out there still (like Henry posted).

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
if you have the pieces, it could be fixed. by a SKILLED person. its not an easy job to get perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the best bet is to get a new frame and fix every other thing on it. As far as I also agree that the current frame can be fixed I doubt the capability to perform maximum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd go the different bike route. It sounds like the accident damaged the frame and from the pics you posted, you also need a different motor. I just finished rebuilding my motor and the 2 mounts at the back are pretty much the only thing holding the motor in the bike so I'd be hesitant to trust a repair. There's a couple mounts up front attached to the head but they don't carry the load like the back ones do. You've got 4 separate pieces there that need to be welded, and that's just the damage you can see. It might be worse once you start disassembling the bike

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Savagerider I sent you P.M.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Take or send the pictures to a shop or welder that repairs airplanes. I'd start looking at the nearest municipal airport.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You weld those cases and they're gonna warp. (Voice of experience, here.) That means all the shafts will be out of alignment, the seams where cases are joined WILL leak. New bike time. (The frame being monocoque design doesn't lend itself to repair, easily.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts