Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please forgive if this has been brought up in the past. I've searched through most of the forum and cannot seem to find this on here. Also looked through youTube for a video with no success.

I am changing out stator and rectifier on my 01 zx12. Novice when it comes to motorcycle repair but I know my way around car engines, tools, etc. I've gotten to the point where I have the gas tank propped up and the old rectifer removed and the wires from the stator to the rect I see under the tank. I have the coolant reservoir removed.

After I remove the stator cover - what next??? How do i run the wire from the new stator back to under the tank?

Forgive if this does not make sense and thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm not sure what you need to know?
I assume there is some reason that you can't route the cable where the old one was routed? Is it because the plug is on the cable?
Unbolt the generator cover and the stator just unbolts from the inside. (Drain the oil first)
I put mine back with a new metal gasket. They deform as you torque the cover on. I used a little RTV on the rubber "grommet" where the cable comes out of the cover.
15NM, 11ft-lb on the cover bolts.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Pay close attention to how you remove the old stator and wiring. The stator is bolted inside the cover, so when you remove the cover, the stator coil comes with it. Paying attention to the removal will tell you how to put it back. Just reverse the steps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts