Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike out the other day it ran fine, till I stop for fuel. And then refuse to start. I was checking everything, back on and off again and check on the side stand was up And it started

But then for the next half mile The fuel injection light kept coming on and . And then about a mile after the petrol station I just stopped. I just wouldn’t start I was absolutely dead.

At the side of the road I found the ignition fuse have popped, as soon as I replaced it popped again. The second fuse allowed the gauges the sweet and the lights on the dash cam on but there was no noise from the fuel injection pump and bike wouldn’t turn over.

. Then the second fuse blew.

today I had a bit of time to look at it and I could not see any wires that have broken that could cause a short. I put power directly to the starter motor and that span.I did the same to the fuel pump that worked fine.

Has anybody else had a similar issue, as I’m not sure whether Is and ECU fault, or there is a sensor or relay that could be causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can see no obvious problems.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
As jacksonseamus said, check the stator/rectifier wiring.

In particular the stator itself, take the cover off and my guess is you may find at least a third of it has burnt out (looks blacker/darker than the rest). At least this has been my experience on more than one occasion. Read up on the sticky threads for stator fixing etc.

May be something else but that's my guess.

Don.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I’ll have a look.
Would this cause the bike not to start or run. The battery was charged so I don’t think there’s a charging issue.
is the “stator / rectifier fix” just a case of replacing the parts or is there other things to do as well

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Basically the stator connector gets burnt and can cause a whole bunch of electrical issues. The fix is to get rid of the connector and sauder the wires directly. There are a ton of threads on here with pictures and detailed instructions just do a search and you will find everything you need. It is a known problem with the 12 and even if it is not causing your specific issue it should be done for your safety and piece of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts