Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just a question if A1 (US version) models are restricted on top speed or not? I have a 220 mph on clocks, not a 185 mph.
What is the best way to derestrict if yes?
Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Υes that is.
A2 restricted models(2001) had some changes,you can tell by the huge flames on the side fairing and tail and the 185 clock.The easiest thing to look for is you're still in doubt is the ecu,it's different.

But a top speed ride with a gps will tell you for sure!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome sir!

The little info i have is that where you live people prosper,i just have to know,is riding a bike as dangerous as poland lets say,due to winter/bad drivers??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Locally here we have very friendly car drivers to the motorcycle riders.
Motorcycle riders are in a respect of anyone. People are very helpful in total to the motoriders.
Off course it did not come like this in 1 day. I remember when I bought my first gsx600f in 2002 car drivers were crazy as You mention they are in Poland. Nowdays situation is completely different.
Off course there are some idiots in every country.
PM if You need some more info on our country if You plan to pass it through. I will help You with the info as much as I can. I have friends bikers all around Baltic states, they are happy to help to moto brothers as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In winter time we do not ride bikes as our average weather temp is -5 to -25 C degree

·
Registered
990 Posts
I would like to visit sometime.I've reached only till romania.Northern europe is something to see but right now crisis makes it difficult even to go to work!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question for you all, does the A1 year of manufacture move into 2001?
Cheers
In some cases I suppose it can happen an A1 models are sold in 2001...
I think if the tacho is 185 mph seems it is an A2 restricted version. If tacho is 220 mph it is A1 unrestricted model.
Not sure. I would refer to some online VIN decoder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to visit sometime.I've reached only till romania.Northern europe is something to see but right now crisis makes it difficult even to go to work!
It is allways a good period and bad. After bad one cones a good one. Lets hope it will happen soon my friend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In some cases I suppose it can happen an A1 models are sold in 2001...
I think if the tacho is 185 mph seems it is an A2 restricted version. If tacho is 220 mph it is A1 unrestricted model.
Not sure. I would refer to some online VIN decoder.
Nope you're wrong!:nana:
Mine is A2 2001, and has the same speedometer as yours do!But unfortunatelly is restricted to 186mph!Fackt!:angry:

Cheers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your 'A2' has had A1 clocks fitted to it I reckon.
:thumbdown:

Hmm not at all!It's OEM!Made in Japan that way!:rant:
See the difference between A1and A2 is the restricted ECU at 186mph!That's it!
All other differences start with the B2 model from 2002 to 2005/fairings, ECU, speedo, etc/:crazyloco:

·
Registered
239 Posts

All other differences start with the B2 model from 2002 to 2005/fairings, ECU, speedo, etc/:crazyloco:

So why would Kawasaki in their infinite wisdom fit a 2001 ECU into your 2000 A1 ?

Was it a time warp situation ?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

You are wrong :nana:

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
990 Posts

Leo,i've had 2 A1'S,one A2 and now a B1.
The A2 has a 280 reading and two more lines without the 290 and 300 reading,that is the restricted version.The A1 has a 320 reading.

Plus the A2 has different ecu connection ports(not obvious) and flame graphics(obvious).
And if i remember correctly,A2s' have different cams.

·
Registered
239 Posts
No offence Leo, but the bike looks like it's been 'through the wringer' why wouldn't it have had the ECU replaced with the inferior 2001 version during it's adventures.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts