Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I having GX12R 2005 I picked up bike as many nice mas added to it the man who I purchased it from his meticulous with his machines but I was putting PC5 on today and the bike would not start and I'm trying to figure out why and if anybody may know anything about this? The other thing I found out was there is no air filter in this bike college wondering if this is something people do on the regular to gain a couple horsepower it seems a little silly to me and dangerous for your machine if anybody has any information on this that they could pass along it would be greatly appreciated why would you be nowhere filter? And why does my bike continued to turn over but not start with the new PC5 on it I heard something about the fuel pump pumping and overflooding it anyhow sorry for long message and information will be truly appreciated thank you so much

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It should have air filters fitted.
Does the bike start without the PC 5 fitted?
Does the starter motor turn the engine over?
Can you hear the fuel prime when you turn the ignition switch on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a pipercross I read good things and they are in stock Had a hard time finding a BMC.
Starts and runs Great without the pc5
And yes hear the pump

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
For me, I had an issue with my PCV, it would start without, but not with. Turns out I blew a fuse. On the 2005 12, the PCV uses the tail harness for power. If your brake light and rear indicators aren't working, that is a good sign to tell you the fuse is blown.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Oh... And I sold my 12, I have 1 new in package never used:
BMC-1086 ZX12r 00-02 BMC RACE filter. It also says FM256/19RACE

Whenever I have reusable filters, I like to have 2 sets so I can swap them with no downtime. I had this one extra, and since I needed 1 more, I never ended up doing my usual. So if you can find 1, you are welcome to buy my 1.

You can buy them on ebay...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for all the information you're well giving me no fuses blow that I can see all lights are working I program that PC last night I'm gonna try again today and see if it works if not will get back to the drawing board.
As for the filter I order the Piper cross but it's coming from Europe it's been a month since I ordered it and I have no idea when it's coming I'd be intrested in buying your BMC air filter if you are within the USA it will get here much faster and I'll just use the paper across as a spare if you want a message me or pm me I'm not sure how this forum works and the information you have on it I'd be intrested
Let me know the details I'll purchase it from you

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I am in the US. But you need to be aware I only have 1 BMC filter, the zx12 needs 2 filters... So, I'm not sure how useful having 1 is, unless you already have BMC filters, and damaged one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see OK yes they've been very difficult to find they're out of stock the whole world's going crazy i ordered up Piper cross from England a month ago God knows where it is lol I'll keep searching my friend

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the late response they tell me my air filters coming this weekend I don't know if I believe them if they do not land by Saturday then I'm going to reach out you and if you still have this I will purchase it let's see if they are telling the truth

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can't understand why they stopped making Helibars. They are terribly easy to make, have a welder and some bar stock, you have Helibars.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ROGERCTMMA,
$140 USD sounds high for street filters. Schnitz Racing lists them for $120 USD. Ebay has K&N filters starting at $83.99 USD. You should hold out until you can get the BMC Race filters. They flow more air. The BMC Race filters have a thin yellow stripe running side to side in the filter fabric.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ebay, BMC Race $80 - $120 USD.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You need to learn to read. 90 dollars plus 60 shipping from ITALY. Oh and another for 74 plus 160 shipping.

Yea man that's cheaper :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
Try motomummy.com?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Out of stock. Would it make you feel better if I said 120 and 20 shipping? , I priced them that way so I could pay shipping.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts