Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Wanted to tell you that my beloved bike was totaled in an accident this past Thursday. I was driving through Paterson NJ at 6pm going through an intersection at 30mph, when a guy in a Honda SUV took a sharp left in front of me. I hit him head on, even though I braked/leaned hard to the right to avoid him. I flew over the handle bars, did 2 flips in the air, then slid about 6 feet. I had full Icon gear on, and Im suprised at how little damage I sustained. My left ring finger was nearly severed, I tore a ligament in my left heel, road rashed my left leg a bit, and got bruised all over my torso, ass and stomach. The bike is still at the tow yard so I dont have a good pic of its damage, I remember seeing the clutch basket hanging out of the casing and all sorts of plastics all over the road. Just got the official report today stating he was at fault. So Im hoping to get recouped for everything, and maybe Ill have enough to get a ZX14 :D Here are some pics.

[URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/GanJahMan/media/IMG_3584_zps1a5c40dd.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/GanJahMan/media/IMG_3588_zps4bf63fa0.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That finger looks horrible.
...Im glad he lived to tell about it. SUE, SUE, SUE. Hope everything heals up. Go get yourself a new 14R. Your finger took me by surprise though...lol. I was expecting to see a wrecked 12. I must be one sick bastard. I was in the middle of eating a sub when your finger showed up. Didnt faze me at all. I just kept eating. I blame this on watching too much of " The walking dead ".:crackup:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry to hear this, mang. I hope there is no permanent physical issue.

Don't buy a 14... people from europe, particularly england and Sweden, will tell you incessantly about how ugly and heavy it is.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Fucking cagers.......Man that blow donkey dick.......bleed that fucker dry.....good luck and so glad your alive.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sorry for you accident.It looks horrible.I've also learned the hard way that when crasing you need to keep your fists closed.

And if you need a new bike that has insane hp,comfort,high milage,low maintanance and all the good things,buy a supercharged harley!Way ahead the zx15!

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Glad you're ok! Those scrapes will heal up nicely. Hopefully you'll get enough out of the total to make a very nice downpayemnt on a new ride!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the good words everyone. Ill keep the closed firsts in mind. I hope everyone stays safe out there, I know I will!

·
Registered
840 Posts
OUCH!!! That finger looks really painful!!

Glad things weren't too bad, shame about the bike but at least your still around to tell the story!

Heal up and take a look at some bike ads - At least the guy in the SUV is admitting fault so it shouldn't take too long for a pay out.

All the best.

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
glad you ok. that finger looks gnarly

funny i just got off a 3 day jury duty case where a guy had the tip of his finger bit off by a horse which led to infection and lawsuit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts