Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums and hoping that I'm not breaking any rules by just jumping in here head first!

I am the proud new owner of an old Z1100 ST from the early 80s! The shocks are shot and I figure if I need to replace them, I may as well do so with something that is better technology!

In my local 'craigslist' there is a rolling chassis with a set of zx12r forks, calipers and disks available. I'd like to know from you guys if you know (I am sure you do - this seems to be the most popular bike model on the forum haha) what the details are regarding the yoke of the tripple clamps is? Some advice regarding a bearking kit or something for adapting the zx12r setup onto the Z1100?

I did search the forum wit your search function, but that didn't turn much up :(

Thanks in advance guys!!

Here is a pic of the rolling chassis:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Hi , your best bet is to find out the dimensions of the tree head bearing size (top to bottom ) ..
PS the bike you have shown Is not at 12R it maybe an old 10 or 6 ?

Edit the frame is very strange ??

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think they could be radial 12R forks, I can't see well enough.
I recon you could be in for a whole load of work. Best bet would be to use the complete front end, ie forks, triple, calipers, rotors and wheels from the same bike.
Making the steering head fit will be trouble enough without all of the other variables.
Those wheels and rotors are not from a 12R, so you may find that calipers don't fit straight on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Maxus, thanks man. I'll do that. I'm sure it's possible :)

Yup - that is actually a 2005 Aprilia frame/bike with the ZX-12R front-end. The chap smashed it up and then put this replacement setup on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those don't look like zx12 triples either. I would think your best bet is to go on all balls website or a similar and look up the steering stem bearings for that model aprilla. At the bottom of the page it will tell you what bikes those bearings will fit. That will give you a better idea of what your in for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts