Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question but :headscratch: I've just bought a pair of K&N filters for the 12
I got these way cheaper than standard one's , I've just put them in and they will not fit the way they are suppost to.
I had to put them in backwards to what they reccomend. The filter has a front side but will not fit , Turned around 180 degs.they fit fine.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with these filters and will it affect air flow at all ?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
First, G'day mate, another Adelaidian!!

The K&N's are notorious for bad fitting, just do a search in the Advanced Search box function top right corner of the site page!

I have them and in the proper way, BUT, I have used small amount of grease on the side walls of the filters to ease fitting. It is best to take a cover off the air box so you can see if the filter sides are sliding properly down the track grooves of the filter slots (if you know what I mean).

Just out of interest, if you have problems I may be able to assist with bits and pieces of info on the 12 if close by, just send me a personal message.

Don.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

The K&N's are notorious for bad fitting, just do a search in the Advanced Search box function top right corner of the site page!

I have them and in the proper way, BUT, I have used small amount of grease on the side walls of the filters to ease fitting. It is best to take a cover off the air box so you can see if the filter sides are sliding properly down the track grooves of the filter slots (if you know what I mean).

Just out of interest, if you have problems I may be able to assist with bits and pieces of info on the 12 if close by, just send me a personal message.

Don.
+1 , always grease the sides and bottom IMO ,it also stops debre from entering .
PS you will gain no HP from them if there oiled up ,I run mine with no oil but I guise (meaning guess ,im still learning) each to the own.:thumbup: lol)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine go in and out of the B2H with no problem.
They are greased around the perimeter both sides.
Don't throw the bushes out with the old filters, like I did once.

Lube it up and slide it in! :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Don.
Cheers Don , I'll keep that in mind
I have greased them but not oiled them , Not a fan of that unless it's my my dirt bike , Thanks for the replys guys :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sliced a little off the bottom of the filter as per DRP's page and all good :thumbup:
Just taking that slice off made all the difference, Thanks the the help guys , Much appreciated :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts