Kawasaki World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2003 b2h. Was out riding when I lost all electric power to the dashboard. The engine cut out. The only power I have is when I put the key to the park position the front and back park lights come on. But no other electrical power. Any ideas please?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does the dash do anything (ie initialize?) when the key switched on or theres nothing?

Check if the dash connector broke/vibrated off, check fuse box for any burned fuses, check battery voltage.

If the meter unit is fried, the bike possibly wont start, as per manual you could check it with a multi-meter:
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Circle

Watch out because the connector pins MIGHT be in reverse (right to left) so pin 1 is pin 10, pin 10 is pin 1, pin 11 is pin 20 and pin 20 is pin 11. I have seen this on a different forum but have not been able to verify yet.

Axcell

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Because your park light comes on, I would think that you are losing the Brown wire from the ignition switch to the system, give the indicators a try.
The main possibility is the regulator is dragging down the Brown wire from the ignition switch, or the battery is only good enough to power the side lights but not the whole system.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Just saw on Facebook that it was the regulator stator plug, you can get a replacement plug here,

Or fit 3 individual plugs which might be better like on the 12B3+ versions.

I would still be wanting to do regulator checks and stator checks though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I've today put on new regulator. New stator. New battery but still no power to the ignition/dials/dashboard. Put multimeter on the starter relay and had power and fired up. No live feed to the kill switch. But power shorting it with multimeter......... any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts