Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I gather that this kit must now be a rare bird, however, i am desperately in need for such a part for my current build.

If anyone can help ! Either this muzzy item or a similar setup from another manufacturer

Thanks !!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i need an alloy finned rad that would ideally completely remove the OE cooler thing and relocate the filter far from the exhaust.

This muzzy kit would be exactly what i need for that.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Are you turbocharging? Are you concerned with oil temp? The muzzys unit will be hard to find.
Those that turbocharged their 12s years ago will have them laying around if they retired the turbo. I have not seen one used for a air cooled oil cooler. How hot is your oil getting?

cmg

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
theres no need for the relocator with one of my turbo systems fyi
if you just want to add an external oil cooler, theres plenty of pancake adapters out there for cars with the m20 thread

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Turbo ? Not yet !

Lets say that the engine in the current form of the vehicle won't be running cool 😄

The biggest issue is that due to road clearance needs, i remade the header so it runs paralel to the engine and it is even moreso hugging the oil filter and cooler plate, so I'm pretty sure oil temp of the system needs addressing now

If anyone even had photos of the underside/alternate views of the muzzy plate i could maybe get a cnc one off made, i have a friend who does 3D models

Or maybe a sandwich plate as mentioned by KZScott would allow fitment of a radiator enough to compensate for the beating that the filter will be getting ?

The header will be getting a hi perf ceramic treatment to limit heat dispersion. But these bike engiked cars do tend to run hot.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
so you could get rid of the coolant based oil cooler to take some load off of that system, and do something like this

https://www.amazon.com/10-Row-Engine-Cooler-Sandwich-Adapter/dp/B00PJA89JA

the pancake adapters are shorter than the standard oil cooler. you would need a zx14 or zx10 oil filter nipple to make it work. kawasaki part number 32033-1535

i would try to mount it low so that its less likely to drain when sitting, so you dont have a dry start up.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
header wrap and or a tin heat shield never hurt either

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah !

Good info, i will see what i can find.

Concerning draining i think i just need the oil pipes to go in and out of the cooler from the top, that plus low mounting (needed for airflow anyway) should be fine ?

I was told exhaust wrap was not compatible with non stainless steel pipes, the trapped situation makes for condensation after switch off that makes steel pipes rot.

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,265 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You would also benefit from one of KZScotts large capacity oil pan modifications he does. More oil will really help. Make sure you fill the engine sight glass to the top mark. There are old wives tales out there that claim you need to run a low oil level or it robs power.

cmg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts