Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys am after the above does any one know if they are still available and at what price please ?
thanking you gents .
or any one have one they wish to sell ??

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I dint know they made them, I know Renntec do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Ventura, I found this from bykebits who are just round the corner from me.

bykebits
thanks my friend apreciate the post ,this one still has the rack hanging over rear of the bike and not sure if you can still add the seat cover when in use .reason im liking the genuine one is that the rack sits directly over the rear seat and you can still have said the seat cover part on at same time

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
Yes you can have the seat cover on with the Ventura rack

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
errrrrrrr you being drinking tonight yorkie? lol
Hardly ever drink these days.

I'd probably have to see a picture of one to remind me if I've seen one before. Getting old, memory is probably going. :lol:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Ah yes I remember now. I'd still prefer the Ventura system though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now be a nice bunch of chaps and do not bid on this item lol.
thanks for the heads up mobviolence muchly apreciated

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I wonder what gives it the poxy 4KG limit.
Is it what Kawasaki recommend for fixing to the subframe fixing nuts or is it the construction of the rack? Some of the Renntec racks say 2.5kg! But they do hang off the back of the grab rail fixed with small welded plates.
Personally, I've attached 50 litres of Kriega luggage to those 4 points and toured the Alps with no trouble, never even weighed it. And I dropped the bike in Luxembourg, the luggage was the only thing that didn't move! :rotflmao:

I know Dave Potter has knocked up his own racks for touring. It wouldn't take much to copy that Kawasaki Rack with a bit of 1/2" tube.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I wonder what gives it the poxy 4KG limit.
Is it what Kawasaki recommend for fixing to the subframe fixing nuts or is it the construction of the rack? Some of the Renntec racks say 2.5kg! But they do hang off the back of the grab rail fixed with small welded plates.
Personally, I've attached 50 litres of Kriega luggage to those 4 points and toured the Alps with no trouble, never even weighed it. And I dropped the bike in Luxembourg, the luggage was the only thing that didn't move! :rotflmao:

I know Dave Potter has knocked up his own racks for touring. It wouldn't take much to copy that Kawasaki Rack with a bit of 1/2" tube.
looking like il be doing that with the half inch tube ,its
going for good money now and still has days to run so ive pulled outta the auction as i can see this fetching silly money now ,thats if theirs no dodgy bidding going on ie get a friend to bump the price up lol.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi guys
it was me that bought the rack (sorry Terry)
needed something for my trip to scotland end of april
I don't car to much for the rentec ones as they sit to far off the back of the bike and this has all the weight over the back seat like a pillion .

my plan is to have a good look at it and do some drawings
Then ask a couple of my mates who are better at welding than me if they can copy it
May be with a little bigger tubing
if they can i will let you all know the cost to make
and if you guys are handy yourselves i will publish all the dimensions i can, if it would help

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi guys
it was me that bought the rack (sorry Terry)
needed something for my trip to scotland end of april
I don't car to much for the rentec ones as they sit to far off the back of the bike and this has all the weight over the back seat like a pillion .

my plan is to have a good look at it and do some drawings
Then ask a couple of my mates who are better at welding than me if they can copy it
May be with a little bigger tubing
if they can i will let you all know the cost to make
and if you guys are handy yourselves i will publish all the dimensions i can, if it would help
ha ha so it was another member on here !! you swine :thefinger:lol.
no need to be sorry buddy id already pulled out anyway as thought it was going to go for silly money as i was convinced it was being bided up by friends of the seller ...turns out it wasnt ,same as you i dont like the rentec ones either .change of plan for myself now so dont realy need one and hope the one you have won is good buddy :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I've had a ventura rack break on me. Halfway across Australia. I know of another guy with a ZX12 that did exactly the same :p

Btw Simon, where you been?!!!?!??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts