Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, are there any rear/front wheel stands that the zx12r aficionados around here recommend? I just cleaned my chain for the third time and chasing it around the driveway was a shit show like usual. Amazon links or anything of the sort would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Pitbull stands are fantastic. Vortex is also good. I'd stay away from any of the cheaper ones. The ZX12 is a heavy bike, and god forbid it tips over we all know how hard it is to find replacement body parts.

Do you have swingarm spools or not? I'd get yourself some spools, then but a pitbull rear stand with the spool lift attachments.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Abbastand, I've been using them since they first started making them.
A little expensive but they will last. Plus you can use them with adaptors to remove the swingarm.

As for the front, I use the little abba wheelie jack for under the exhaust headers. Stable enough but don't go swinging the front end about with the wheel out.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Probably swingarm bobbins.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a generic rear stand with on-bike spools and a steering stem type front stand. I reinforced the front one with ready rod and "hard block" in the stem part to avoid tragedy. The rear unit is OEM and I dont see any weakness in it. 2 years now supporting bike with no problems.

I can see the front axle type stands being a problem if you turn the steering. The stem type allows the you to turn the steering stop to stop.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I've just got a all garden rear paddock stand with bobbins/spools on the swingarm.

I actually bought the Kawasaki engine jack as pictured in the manual! I find it does a good job of raising the front end without interfering with the steering. I use it in conjunction with the rear stand, and if I want to remove the swingarm I use two pinlock stands/supports on the footpegs.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've got a proper bobbins stand and an Abba plus the front lift arm :king:

For the love of God, do not buy one of those paddock stands that uses the cups under the swing arm. Mine was absolutely fine for my R1 but it just couldn't hack it when it came to lifting the 12.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
For the love of God, do not buy one of those paddock stands that uses the cups under the swing arm. Mine was absolutely fine for my R1 but it just couldn't hack it when it came to lifting the 12.
Yep, found that one out years ago too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts