Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need a new sidewinder exhaust system for my zx12R (1394cc race). I have looked everywhere and it seems impossible to find one. Do you guys think that the zx14r or hayabusa sidewinder would be difficult to fit to my zx12R?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
i think you need the 90 degree oil filter adapter to make the zx14 sw fit. as well as deleting the oil cooler

·
Registered
314 Posts
A race buddy of mine has the vance and hines busa system on his. 02 12r -if you can weld you can make it fit. Cut and shut at the head pipes
I made mine from a few bends a 4/1 collector and a scooter silencer. Lol. The gains are you can also get max clearance modding.
Unbelievably I saw gains over my very expensive titanium muzzy :) ( go figure! )
I do believe you can make zx14 fit fairly easy.
I was going to buy the voodoo system.
I probably need another as my bike is still at the track after my crash.
Good luck. Do share your findings . There were a few other posts a while back re ordinary headers no sidewinder.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I emailed Voodoo asking them if their ZX14 sidewinder would fit a ZX12 and their reply was no because the ZX12 has larger exhaust ports and gaskets. Once in a great while a used ZX12 sidewinder will pop up for sale. Brocks might have one but they are about $1100.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Weld the zx12r outlets to whatever bike or brand headers.
Easily said but if you have basic fabrication skills its easy to do and will save lots of money and perform very well.
Ive got my eyes on a v&H made for honda system or a murray kz 1000 for my rebuild
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts