Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody!

So after a year of riding a 12, I've decided to join this great site and share some of my experience. Went from grey OEM to cheap ass chinese eBay crap to now stripping it all down and doing a streetfighter version of a great sports bike which will definitely be worth my while.

The reason I've changed the original plastic were a few scuffs on the left side, so instead of fixing it, I decided to try something new and ordered this: Universal Fairing For ZX 12R ZX12R ZX-12R Ninja ( 2002 - 2004 ) red black fire | eBay. :banghead:

If you value your mental health and nervous system and are trying to fit this on your own...don't do it. Be prepared for thumb-size gaps, some stressed plastic and a lot of swearing.

Surprisingly enough, it held on for almost 6 months before the bottom left part of the fairing just snapped off and flew under my rear wheel as I was almost doing the speed limit :rockets: As an immediate result of the bellypan falling apart, the right side decided to melt itself onto the exhaust and almost choked me to death with those sweet sweet melting plastic fumes. :puke:

All this now brings me to this new look I want to experiment with. To be honest, I already started to think about it when I first stripped it last year. The wires and hoses can all easily be hidden and arranged, haters can finally get a glimpse of that inline 4-cylinder sexiness, and the big rad looks very good from all angles IMO.

Currently looking for bellypan and a custom speedo/odo gauge

Here are a few pics according to the timeline:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
:welcome:

After market fairing kits are much weaker than OEM but you can still get by if you use the right stuff to protect it from melting and cracks. Especially if you live in hotter climate area and park your bike outside :rant:

Sure like to see what your's will become after you are done, good luck with it and keep us posted :thumbup:

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered mirrors with integrated turn signals. One less of a headache

Thanks for all the references guys

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New air intake covers are ready

The zx12 has a stock fitting for a mirror on the right side. Will have to make some left side holders thinner to fit the second one

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I finally took it out. Better pics to come.
The coolant overflow is too small so will need to replace the bottle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is now a ZX12F

It finally rained here so the rad had time to become black. Should be done by tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't you fancy removing the tank cover completly ?, I think they look great with the stealth looking steel ?
It's been designed to be covered by fairings so the amount of naked wiring underneath there does not allow that. Plus, I don't think it actually looks good without it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts