Kawasaki World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just bought myself a stock Zx12r and am thinking of tuning. Maybe slip on muffler or whole exhaust although it seems many places do not stock exhausts for it anymore. Have seen people saying zx14 will fit maybe. I have seen an 4-2-1 yoshi but assume it would be too tricky to get to fit and I guess if you have to cut things then you are playing with its effectiveness. Also see a butterfly delete and am thinking of the bar risers as well possibly with helipads as the keep the original look. Any information or opinions would be appreciated. I’m in Brisbane.

· Registered
2,151 Posts
G'day mate!
Welcome to the forum.
There is a lot of information in this site regarding tuning and modifications for any year 12.
If all you are going to do is put on a slip on muffler then not too much else needs doing, it will run no problems.
A good muffler is the Yoshi RS3, a good deep sound.
A full system is best managed with tuning and a PC3 or newer PC5 or possibly Woolich tuning (they can do it through the ecu).

· Registered
1 Posts
Have just bought myself a stock Zx12r and am thinking of tuning. Maybe slip on muffler or whole exhaust although it seems many places do not stock exhausts for it anymore. Have seen people saying zx14 will fit maybe. I have seen an 4-2-1 yoshi but assume it would be too tricky to get to fit and I guess if you have to cut things then you are playing with its effectiveness. Also see a butterfly delete and am thinking of the bar risers as well possibly with helipads as the keep the original look. Any information or opinions would be appreciated. I’m in Brisbane.
i have a 2000 zx 12 r a-1 and put the yoshimar exhaust .it will change the tuning and air fuel mixture and the only way to be able to tune again is install a dino power commander or have it flashed if it is new enough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts