Kawasaki World banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
This week, I did small thing but Im very proud of it :)
Really like TSR chain holder, but I figure out I should do this with own hands.
After rotor job, I have some 7075 aluminium.
So I made a drawing and start to work.
Was tryin to weld it with this fast aluminium solder, but it doesnt work.
Finally I bolt it with M3 bolts. Paint its some chrome spray.
It takes me almost whole week to do it, because of hard file and sand paper work
and it takes time paint to dry.

Genuine TSR piece

My work!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Thanks Guys, Zum You must make hole with thread in swingarm, I mess it up at first :)
so I put there threaded sleeve.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thanks Guys, Zum You must make hole with thread in swingarm, I mess it up at first :)
so I put there threaded sleeve.
Jesus man don't do it!Wrap it with carbon.Holes with threads or studs on stressed parts make cracks.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Jesus man don't do it!Wrap it with carbon.Holes with threads or studs on stressed parts make cracks.
the swing arm has several OEM holes along the right side to accommodate brake line holders. A small M6 hole isn't going to affect the overall rigidity of the arm.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
Yes I think so also, it won't affect on arm strength, but I will monitor situation.
My hole is even bigger than M6, but it is very shallow.
Besides it is made in last part of arm which is full inside.

·
Registered
990 Posts
the swing arm has several OEM holes along the right side to accommodate brake line holders. A small M6 hole isn't going to affect the overall rigidity of the arm.
Yes,drilled by a precision drill where kawasaki thinks it is ok to be brilled.
It is not about rigidity.You might start a crack if the drilling isn't done properly on the proper place.

Biggest mistake,drilling the frame for a damper..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Hey Guys, update time:

Finally I did lens/projector for xenon/hid light. Beautiful color of 12000k in stock frontlight was great but on road it doesnt work. I dazzle riders ahead and couldnt see anything.
Now its perfect, there is very good line of light cut and in my opinion front light looks a lot better. I also did some stickers inspired by Maco Racing team and left light cover with starting number (which is from reflective material).
On pictures light cover doesnt look perfect but in real world its pretty decent.

Old/new adjuster hanger, just polished.

Battery charger socket

I put a lot of work in these piece, everything I did whit tools and my own hands.
Was thinking about lathe but overall I decided to do it at home:)
Orginally item was from my bmw coilovers.

Finally I did it, aluminium (anodized with VHT anodized coat) endurance funnel.
There is also refreshed rear caliper bracket, drilled and painted, mounted with ti bolts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats alot of work and detail you put into your bike. I like all of it. If you dont mind sharing where did you get that projector for your headlight. Thats looks like something i would try over the off season.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thats alot of work and detail you put into your bike. I like all of it. If you dont mind sharing where did you get that projector for your headlight. Thats looks like something i would try over the off season.
Thanks Mate, of course I will share this info:)
I bought it on polish auction service, but Im sure its one ebay also.
This was called bixnenon hid projector. Its for H4 lamp type, You have to
unstick shade and twist projector in place of H4 bulb. After that You use H1 bulb in place of stock one, but You have projector with bixenon system. There is small shutter inside, everything is connected and You just plug it to Your stock H4 socket.

Most complicated thing is to take of shade but I did it with my Wife hairdryer and even use old glue (could clean it but glue was still very adhesive).
Effect its great, I adjusted hight of light with stock bolts and now its perfect.
Strong. clear light which do not bling other drivers.

BTW. You cant also do black frontlight inside, projector do not need and reflectors, but I keep all chrome stuff :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just found this thread and have to say WOW !!!:respect:
Amazing stuff, tomonever. :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Your work is inspirational.
You've given me a lot of ideas.
Keep up the great work.
Cheers,
Gavin.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Some interesting details.Nice Bike
May I also compliment you on your English ability,quite a skill talking a writing in different languages.:thumbup:

·
Registered
990 Posts
At this point,it is essential to record a fly by at night.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Aftert I bought my Yoshimura oil plug, I noticed that some endurance teams use very tricky valve oil plugs.
I even wrote mail to Yoshi team but answer was this plug is confidential.....:)
So I thought that I should make something like that but with use of my yoshi plug.
This project is based on tema coupling. Quick fill valve cap with stock oil plug :)

Yoshi one:

My:

101 - 120 of 159 Posts