Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, my voltage regulator burned, guy want to sell me one but from b3h model from 2004. will this unit wokr in my 2000 A1?

best Regards Tom

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
1. The male to female ends may be different. So if you think they snap together between years, that's the one question.
2. If they do not snap together, better to make a wire harness, not ruin the stock wire harness connector.
3. Squids cut shit up then when they come across the part, look at that mess.
4. So you match heavy wire are the 3-yellows into the '04 rectifier, out from the OEM's prongs at the plastic connector.
5. Be creative so they are solid in mounts between the OEM parts.
6. Your battery is going to demand so much and the '04 will work like the original as far as sending in the correct voltage.
7. You'll need an ohm meter to check the other 2 wires out on the vo/rg box. White is to battery, the other goes to ground. So with the ohm meter set to volts, the red probe goes to the one prong out of the vo/rg, the black meter probe to ground on the frame.
8. Prong out will show volts out, you tap the starter and watch for a flicker. If not, you found the ground prong. Get it? That, or match connector wires you didn't tamper with so you know which wire went where?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Hubz, I never know if Your post is clue or a riddle. :)
Yellow wires I have cutted and I made new ones, because they were burned.

Damn I think I will get it.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
... because they were burned.
It's both :thumbup:

That [burning] would need the vaseline type electric gel so it keeps the heat moving. You know those cone wire connectors they use for house wiring? The screw on style 'wire connector'?

Use fresh yellow wire off of the wire harness, match the gauge of the wire or use thicker wires. This is so this moves the heat off of that cone. If you solder the wires to the yellows, that lead is like a resistor and stops the flow, or acts the resistor. So it would be better to run 3-thicker wires off of the yellows [w/cones] so the cones stay cool, you solder the connector female ends at the ends instead. Make sure they don't touch [at the vo/rg prongs] and you are back on the road... IF... the late model reg is good.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
If solder acts as a resistor, they wouldn't use it to make all the connections in every single electronic device you use daily. The reason you solder the wires is to make it a BETTER connection. It will not reduce the flow.

To answer the original question, I suppose if you match the schematics wire for wire, you could make this voltage regulator work. I'm not sure if they made any other changes besides connection between the 2.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I was always told electricity flows on the outside of cables rather than through the middle....the more surface area the better the conduction :).

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I was always told electricity flows on the outside of cables rather than through the middle....the more surface area the better the conduction :).
Hey, it's all about magnetism. Flow is like anything else, meaning, it bangs one molecule and flows to the next molecule. If it flows, it's going to take the shortest path, so that is like turn a drill on and step in a puddle of water. That magnetic field is going to do some strange shit finding [the better conduction] or ground like you said.

It will not reduce the flow.
Every inch of wire is a resistor. Think about it. Go read up about the basics or the fundamentals of electricity. Do the math. Even wire gauge is a resistor if you want to apple the orange. :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Gen info, page 1-17 [zx-14]:

1. Do not add a 'by-pass lead' to the already twisted pair of wires. This can whack the hack and damage shit.

2. Do not modify the twisted pair of leads, nor loosen them, add more, or make less winds around the main wire harness, or this will cause the CAN to fail and it won't know where the speedo is to the tach read to the water temp to the N light to the get the CAN COMmunication is wound at so many winds?... It's that exact about how to harness that magnetic field throughout the wires.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
buy a ricks mosfet unit...........

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
This is correct. This is why they use braided wire in a lot of applications. More surface area for electrons to dance along.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's both :thumbup:

That [burning] would need the vaseline type electric gel so it keeps the heat moving. You know those cone wire connectors they use for house wiring? The screw on style 'wire connector'?

Use fresh yellow wire off of the wire harness, match the gauge of the wire or use thicker wires. This is so this moves the heat off of that cone. If you solder the wires to the yellows, that lead is like a resistor and stops the flow, or acts the resistor. So it would be better to run 3-thicker wires off of the yellows [w/cones] so the cones stay cool, you solder the connector female ends at the ends instead. Make sure they don't touch [at the vo/rg prongs] and you are back on the road... IF... the late model reg is good.
Recommending to use wing nuts to connect motorcycle wiring?.. Really?...
Next thing to try is to cable tie brake calipers to the forks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It is a different unit fitted to the 2004 than the 2000 with different connectors, there seem to be plenty for sale on eBay in the UK so I'm sure you'll be able to find a direct replacement unit from a 2000/2001 model for sale in continental Europe.

It's got to be easier fitting one straight on and plugging it in than having to identify wires and splice in a replacement, or God forbid try to follow Hubz instructions.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
... or God forbid try to follow Hubz instructions.
:thumbup: Goop Luck!

Wire in is wire out. More like a quick release I remove the box and download the data. Quick and dirty still means ~ Wire Integrity

:thumbup:

Signed,

You know it alls is beat chew ate chore own gamesmanshit. Is why I take home year trophies. :crackup:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
creedy boy, when my bikes go back together, you can'tellshit they've been squidified. I am king squid of the meguyveers. Wire in is wire out like a house wall socket is how your power stays on you go flapping those lips with a keystroke.

Home he don't matter as long as you connect the dots, the fuse is home but no lights are on. :crackup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
creedy boy, when my bikes go back together, you can'tellshit they've been squidified. I am king squid of the meguyveers. Wire in is wire out like a house wall socket is how your power stays on you go flapping those lips with a keystroke.

Home he don't matter as long as you connect the dots, the fuse is home but no lights are on. :crackup:
I'm hardly a boy at 48 but thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
fucking wire nuts are for home electric.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

You blokes/gents do your thing to your bike. WATTever flows your bulb/hack/trick. Only a fool would think a wire twist connector is for one job alone. Home he don't need no solder I squeeze your headache.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hubz. Please. Stop that, or you will undermine your credibility, whatever it might be. This is more redneck than is normally acceptable by a self respecting non Harley motorcyclist. You are getting dangerously close to this with your motorcycle wiring:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts