Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning gents , I am working on a zx12r for a buddy. He said it ran great, then the fuel pump went out and he parked it. I recently put a fuel pump and filter in it, as well as. Cleaned the gas tank out . It had a hard time starting at first , but once it got its injectors cleared , it runs good . Except it won’t stay running at idle once warmed up. Even with the fast idle lever on . I’ve tried adjusting the idle stop screw and it’s the same issue. You can take it out and ride it, but once you clutch in at a stop, it dies .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the FI light on ?

cmg
No fi light . Oddly enough, I started it yesterday and it idled fine . I was able take it out for a ride around the block and it stalled once on clutch pull in. Maybe the aggressive fuel system cleaner I put in is finally dissolving stuff .

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You don't say which model it is.
If it's stalling out when you pull the clutch lever in then check the clutch switch, it's probably dirty inside and making poor contacts.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
i would inspect the vac lines and map sensor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll throw this out just in case as it has snagged more than a couple guys. Now bear with me because I am going back a long time.

There are two connectors on the ZX-12R that are identical. I want to say one of them is the TPS sensor but they are in the same locale on the bike and easy to mix up if you don't mark the wiring when you pull stuff off. If you mix the two up it will cause you a world of hurt. Just keep this in mid if you get stumped. I am sure there are some old posts out here on this but I don't feel like searching tonight.

The bike will run, but run like shit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts