Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick. I have a 2000 ZXR
I have a tried everything. I put on a 2004 stator, rectifier and cover. New plugs and valve cover. Changed the air filters and drained the radiator.
Everything was riding good for a week.
Now it won't crank.

I put on new starter, soldiered the rec wires, new starter solenoid, new solenoid under gas tank cover for lights and switch, new kill switch but she wont turn over still.

Fuel pump primes and gauges flip up and down but I only hear the fuel pump rolls over but nothing else.
It jump starts from a roll in first.

Please help!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Look at clutch switch?
Have you tried starting with the clutch out?
Sometimes the switch needs a strip and clean. When it goes bad the engine won't turn over with the clutch lever pulled in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi,
In this case can be more points, but you will start with lightest. I suppose is to DFI system.
because fuel pump works but no spark.
Check :
a) starter button or starter relay
b)Main 30 A or ECU fuse under cover fuel tank.
c) starter idle gear
Also, vehicle down sensor ...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Battery is my bet...not enough volts to make her fire whilst spinning her over...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm sure he means the starter is not turning the engine over, but the bike will bump start.
Most probable cause starter lock out system.
Check clutch switch and side stand switch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm sure he means the starter is not turning the engine over, but the bike will bump start.
Most probable cause starter lock out system.
Check clutch switch and side stand switch.
Maybe he will give us more information about: starter rotation, what happened with FI, blinks and stop or many blinks. If FI blinks, than this system give service code:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
This is where a volt meter would be handy. Are you getting your 12v signal to the starter solenoid? What about at the start button itself? If you jumped the solenoid and it whirled, it's a pretty narrow winder where the fault lay. Check for continuity, and make sure your 12v is where is should be....

Start at the battery, move to the key fob, to the kill switch, to the start button, to the solenoid. Check for continuity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look at clutch switch?
Have you tried starting with the clutch out?
Sometimes the switch needs a strip and clean. When it goes bad the engine won't turn over with the clutch lever pulled in.
Shep!
Ninjayorkie!

Dudes ya'll are AWESOME!

I went to clean the clutch switch and the thing was unplugged! I have no idea how that could have happened. Plugged it back up and she purred like a kitten with her new solenoids and relays and everything else!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. The fi light never came on by the way.

Now I just have to get 2nd gear undercut and she will be ready to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would affix my voltmeter probes to the battery terminals and hit the starter button. If the voltage drops the battery is shot. If the reading doesn't change then the high amp circuit to the starter motor is open.

Never mind... didnt see the second page.

:tard:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
A nice cheap easy fix. :thumbup: well if you'd asked on here first. :crackup:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
This is a situation thay supports what I say all the time. Start small and free and work your way up.

In any event, good deal that you found the issue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts