Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think a Brocked out 14r with a lock up clutch,gear to redline 6th gear just after the traps ,wheelie bar,stock wheel base ,slick and a 130 lb rider would run 7.9 in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Do you think a Brocked out 14r with a lock up clutch,gear to redline 6th gear just after the traps ,wheelie bar,stock wheel base ,slick and a 130 lb rider would run 7.9 in the 1/4 mile.
Plausible , the 130 lb rider would want to be able to ride the pants off it and lighten the bike , or a good tail wind . They are a awesome bike .:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The current record is what, 8.4 with a stock motor? Slick and wheelie bar would improve some... but not sure about 1/2 a second.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The current record is what, 8.4 with a stock motor? Slick and wheelie bar would improve some... but not sure about 1/2 a second.
But with the whole package I was hoping for 1.2xx 60 footers.I would think it would be possible.........

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
But with the whole package I was hoping for 1.2xx 60 footers.I would think it would be possible.........
Stolen off of facebook, current stock motor ZX14R record holder Lee Pritchard...

They say every tenth in the sixty foot is two tenths in the ET... so even if you drop to a 1.2 it's still going to be a challenge to get 7s... not saying it can't be done though. Just won't be easy!

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
wont happen without a built motor or spray AND a lot more of a grudge theme not just an extended street setup. Lees riding the wheels off of it as is

·
Registered
577 Posts
Lee is also bypassing a lot of transmitted power to keep the front down in the first 60'. If we address the traction issue as well there could be enough torque to get a front half time commensurate with a sub 8 second ET.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Stolen off of facebook, current stock motor ZX14R record holder Lee Pritchard...

They say every tenth in the sixty foot is two tenths in the ET... so even if you drop to a 1.2 it's still going to be a challenge to get 7s... not saying it can't be done though. Just won't be easy!
heres a run this pass weekend 340lbs bike 505lbs total 68 inch on the motor no bar ,st tire big carpenter motor

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts

To the best of my knowledge, Lee ran that with no wheelie bars and a DOT tire ... so, take out front end lift and traction issues ... I'd say its feasible and even probable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts