Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to buy another bike and i am looking for some opinions from ZX9R owner's really. I currently own a 1996 ZX6R which has now gone the way of the dodo. I loved this bike and i used it for touring two up, commuting on, hooning around and rode it in all weathers. It was a very good bike, i found the build quality excellent and after many years it remained rust free even with very lack lustre cleaning and the reliability was superb only letting me down once due to carb icing. So my question is would a ZX9R give me a similar experience? I found the ZX6 slightly lacking in power very occasionally two up, but generally it was fine. So to cut a long story short i am looking to get either another 95-97 ZX6 or i am currently looking at a 99 ZX9. I am stuck and don't really know what to do. Help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I rode them both. Definietly zx9. More torque more power at the same comfort. Same riding position on both. They are very similar in terms of meneuverability but the 9 has 50% more hp and torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts