Kawasaki World banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I expect this might get some negative remarks from some 12r owners on here but here it goes anyway. As stated my 9r has a pipe, minor jetting, has -1 in the front and a 525 conversion with a rear vortex aluminum. I am confident in saying that if it went against a completely stock A1 12r with a stock pipe and gearing, this 9r would be nipping at its ass up to 160-165 mph.:hide:...i may have just gotten myself banned from the 12r forum.:lol:
I dare you to say you would be nipping at 14r arse at 165,Go on,I dare you.
:thumbup:
I thought I had a monster until they revealed the H2.
Evolution baby,I love it:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
With some mods, yea, a 9R would keep up for a bit, no question. The right rider would smoke even a modded 12 on the right roads in the right conditions... I had a pro whoop my ass once on a modded smaller bike. Boils down to rider.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Had 3 9s and 3 twelves... For two up these ppl r all idiots...there both about the same... For comfort... Of course the twelve with more power handles the extra weight better as it has more to begin with....

Both bikes r comfy. For sport bikes...

And both bikes handle very well... I easily outpace 600 cc and even ninja 250s on backroads with my twelve...

However the 9r set up right will give u that telepathic handling feel... Think it and your there....

The twelve u think it... And force it with all your weight to go there...

9 r set up will keep up with anything to 160... 12r set up right will kill any 1000cc...

Top speed the 12r can hang. The 9 cannot... Top speed I mean near 200mph...

If u want a hyperbike then12r is the best.

If u want a thousand u can live with in every situation, and yes I rode mine two up from sf to la and back... The zx9 will not disappoint... Until a r1 smokes u... ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Had 3 9s and 3 twelves... For two up these ppl r all idiots...there both about the same... For comfort... Of course the twelve with more power handles the extra weight better as it has more to begin with....

Both bikes r comfy. For sport bikes...

And both bikes handle very well... I easily outpace 600 cc and even ninja 250s on backroads with my twelve...

However the 9r set up right will give u that telepathic handling feel... Think it and your there....

The twelve u think it... And force it with all your weight to go there...

9 r set up will keep up with anything to 160... 12r set up right will kill any 1000cc...

Top speed the 12r can hang. The 9 cannot... Top speed I mean near 200mph...

If u want a hyperbike then12r is the best.

If u want a thousand u can live with in every situation, and yes I rode mine two up from sf to la and back... The zx9 will not disappoint... Until a r1 smokes u... ;)
I preffer my 12 over myr r1
When Im on my r1 I feel like im sitting on top of a handlebars, she is no slouch with all the mods i have.
They fell equally heavy when I push them around my garage or drivway, once you are rolling you dont really feel the weight of 12
However 12 is just on another level when it comes to the straight race and amazing power...even with stock exhaust I smoked my friends 2009 gsxr 1000 full exhaust pc etc etc, with no problems at all

·
Registered
75 Posts
Even better, if you can live with the looks, would be a 14. The gen 1 is getting pretty affordable, and is pretty much built with that in mind, but still be able to track day it.
100% agree, the 14 is ugly, a shame. But, the 12 is far better looking. As for the 9r, you can't do much with it but wheelies and sloping the curves, as for the 12, you can sport tourer whenever you feel like it, best bike with the CBR1100xx.:thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
A mate of mine has an 04 ZX9 & Ive been to Spain with him both of us 2-up.
Its equally as capable as my 06 '12 but one thing bugs him, no one makes a grab rail for a pillion for the late model 9's whereas I have a renthal on my 12.
Maybe just a small detail but makes all the difference to keeping the old lady happy

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
NWS used to make a grab handle for them. He may get lucky and one may appear on eBay. The other alternative is to have one made, or fit the E model back end and get the plastic tail sprayed up.

Or get a Ventura system for the F.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts