Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, not sure if this is the correct section (mods please move if it isn't)

I'm just after some larger jets for some zxr750 h1 carbs for a car engine application.

Anyone know the part numbers or aftermarket types that will fit and where to get them?

Thanks

EDIT: does anyone have an electronic copy of the manual for this bike so I can understand the carbs more.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Welcome here. genetic!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Not sure if anyone can help you on that carb jet question, but hopefully somebody will jump in...

Can you post a year model??

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
it is 89 and bike is kawasaki zxr 750 (h1)

thanks
You should be able to view some exploded views of the carbs (& everything else) here:

Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Kawasaki 1989 Ninja ZX-7

This link will take you to the Kawa ZX7R microfiche Table of Content... RonAyers.com offers OEM microfiche for most popular Japanese bikes... You can buy the jets directly from there... There's 4 different pages of carb info, so you'll need to match-up your exact type, but give it a go & let's see!! I did notice that they offer the "stock" main jets & larger ones for "racing applications" - something like that...

Hope this helps you!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you still have the carbs and are not going to use them, fancy selling them to me or swapping them for some ZXR750 H2 carbs which have a 2mm bore size difference (increase), hence my bike is running with quite a large flat spot!!

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses.

I have the carbs fitted to a custom manifold and it is running with the 2ltr engine now.

Can anybody provide me with some infor on the initial setup of the carbs and further tuning?

they dont really like to return to idle too much and like to stick the revs at 3k despite the butterflies being closed, however if I snap the throttle closed they will drop down to 1k.

But as soon as there is throttle usage the revs climb regardless up to 3k.

there is a strong helper throttle return spring and also a helper return spring returning my pedal.

There are no restriction on the butterflies or the thropttle cable.

The under carb air screws are currently wound out to 4 full turns and it will idle at 1000 but is hesitant in progressing from idle to main system etc.

the car is just driveable and is providing good power,

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
The idle problem you describe sounds to me like the carbs are out of synchronization...

The carbs can be synched by using gauges or carb stix:

Either will work, but most will tell you that the carb stix are best... Just an idea...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi guys, car's been running a real treat, just love these kawi carbs!

I now have some plans to modify the custom manifold to accept the original bike's rubber inlets....

I have just a set and cannot for the life of me get them on.

Them do seem a touch too small.

Either I don't have zxr750 carbs or the seller has sent me a smaller model rubbers?

Surely if they are both zxr750 model, they shouldn't be so difficult to get on?

Any help is really appreciated!!

If I get some pictures on, could anybody idetify what I actually have?

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts