Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone taken their zzr1200 to the dragstrip (1/8th or 1/4)? if so what e.t. and m.p.h.
thanks, loafie

·
Registered
2 Posts
STRIP TIMES

8) FIVE FRIENDS AND I WENT TO BRADENTON MOTORSPORTS PARK(AKA DESOTO SPEEDWAY) ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO, AND LET ME TELL YOU , WHAT A BLAST WE HAD! I, MYSELF MADE 8 RUNS. FIRST LET ME SAY THAT I NOR ANY OF MY FRIENDS HAD DONE THIS BEFORE. CONDITIONS WERE: NIGHTTIME,ABOUT 76DEGREES AND 90 PERCENT HUMIDITY. MY WORST RUN ( WHICH WAS MY FIRST) WAS A 10.94 @128MPH, MY BEST RUN WAS A 10.62 @129MPH. THE BEST I'VE READ IN THE MAGS IS A 10.12 @136.9 MPH. I WAS SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED,SO I'M GOIN BACK WHEN THE WEATHER GETS COOLER. HOPE YOU DO AS WELL OR BETTER, GOOD LUCK! OH, BY THE WAY THESE WERE MY FRIENDS BEST TIMES ON THEIR BIKES: 12.29 @109MPH '98KATANA 750, 12.41 @104MPH 2002 SV650S, 10.98 @129MPH 2002 R1, 10.77 @134MPH 2002 HAYABUSA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: STRIP TIMES

don't worry about the times in the mags. that 10.12 was corrected from their real times (sea level with 72degrees and low humidity, sort of like gainsville strip in the spring). you're doing fine, just keep practicing!
loafie

·
Registered
8 Posts
sounds like you did pretty good for your first day a the strip. Were wheelies a problem . and just curios how much do you weigh? What was your technique for leaving the line. Dump it and hold on or fethering the clutch?. I want to try it myself one of these days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Track Times

Sounds to me like you did pretty well. Everytime I've been to the track I've never seen anyone come close to the times the mags publish. You've got to remember those guys do that for a livelihood and they always get the best guy on the staff to do the track times. They also do stuff like lower tire pressure and tune the bike for the quarter. Plus, you're first time you've got a lot of things running through your mind as you line it up at the lights, tougher that a traffic light huh? Anyhow, you were faster than you buddie on the Busa, you musta been doing something right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
STRIP TIMES

IN ANSWER TO "DAVEYS' REPLY; I'M 6'3" AND I WEIGH 200-205LBS. LIKE YOU SAID, THERE'S KINDA OF LOT GOIN THROUGH YOUR MIND WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GET STAGED, HELL, EVEN WAITING IN LINE BEFORE GETTING STAGED. MY TECHNIQUE AS BEST AS I CAN REMEMBER WAS BOTH FEET ON THE GROUND, MOST OF MY WEIGHT FAR FORWARD, THEN QUICK REPEATED REVS TO ABOUT 6000 RPMS AND A HARD BUT SOMEWHAT FEATHERED CLUTCH RELEASE. WHEELIES WERE A PROBLEM AND SO WAS WHEELSPIN, ESPECIALLY BY RUN NUMBER 5 OR 6 WHICH BY THEN THE TRACK WAS GETTING TRASHED.MY BUDDY ON HIS 2002 BUSA WAS HAVING TROUBLE ALL AROUND. HE STALLED IT ON 2 SEPERATE RUNS. HE LEFT HIS AT A CONSTANT RPM AND THEN DUMPED THE CLUTCH,(DIDNT WORK TOO WELL). I HAVE NO DOUBT THE RIGHT LAUNCH (AND\OR PROPER RIDER) WOULD DEFINATELY BEAT ME ON HIS BUSA. ANYHOW, IT WAS AN AWSOME TIME AND IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT TIME. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND ANYONE ELSE WHO GOES!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts