Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everyone, I'm new here! the kawasaki superbike was always my dream! and I always like to have a ZX12, but I want a bike for quick trips for two people and cargo! and I think the ZX12 is more focused on race as RRs! so I think the ZX1400 is more correct! what I want is to join business with pleasure. When traveling bags and put action when you want to have a super fast bike. I have tested one GTR1400 but found a "boat" on the road, it is very large and heavy and not going right between the cars when this a lot traffic.

Another question is what can I do to become more comfortable position with my back straight as in GTR because I 1.90me I get back and arms to suffer! I wonder if it is possible to "ruin" the concept of the ZZR bike and put higher and straighter steering wheel NOT the typical V wheel.

Another issue is that the GTR seems to have more low RPM response to the ZZR, and in this city and mountain road requires much use of gear box!! what can do for resolve this problem? thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
you can get lower pegs & bar risers

you could lower the back some too

I took mine off as I prefer a sportier position

I think I have a set of bar risers if you're interested probably a set of lowering links also I'll have to look.'

Love both the 12 & 14 for covering ground :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes is this!! and diferent straight handlebars? the bike is for road and freeway!! im not fan of twisties!!! i like full speed top end :D
how many inches raises the handlebars? need maby 3 or 5"
thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
mine had 2 sets of risers stacked.

maybe close but not quite 3" i'd guess

probably need to get longer brake lines ( good excuse for stainless steel) if you add much height

if you want more you might check into converti-bars ( i think that's the name.)

should be other guys who know more about it than I do.

You can get hard luggage for it also

check twisted throttle & givi for that stuff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine had 2 sets of risers stacked.

maybe close but not quite 3" i'd guess

probably need to get longer brake lines ( good excuse for stainless steel) if you add much height

if you want more you might check into converti-bars ( i think that's the name.)

should be other guys who know more about it than I do.

You can get hard luggage for it also

check twisted throttle & givi for that stuff
and you have pictures of your set up? thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi, i have a zzr1400 that i use for touring with pillion and lots of luggage, i have a custom screen, upgraded NITRON rear shock and custom seat and its brilliant, i tend to lean on my tankbag to rest but i find it very comfy, i also have a zx12r that i tour on with my mates with no pillion and is also just as comfy just cannot carry so much luggage p.s i also have 2.5" bar risers, also to get better low down response i have had the secondary flies removed a power commander with custom map fitted with yoshi cans :crazyloco::thumbup:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Personally i shy away from all things 14, particularly the 14R. Overweight and under performing in every category.

The 12R is the last bike KHI produced deserving of the R designation. This is confirmed in the November installment of the Swedish Gay Blade Bike Review Monthly.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Personally i shy away from all things 14, particularly the 14R. Overweight and under performing in every category.

The 12R is the last bike KHI produced deserving of the R designation. This is confirmed in the November installment of the Swedish Gay Blade Bike Review Monthly.
I love my 12R, but as I read this I think..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Logmaster, nece pics there!! you only have one exhaust? and the top box how mutch LT have capacity?

bomber12r, Goods girls you have man! love the loocks of that 12 with 2 pipes!! similarities like the SP1 back
you remove the buttlerflies on the 14 or 12? i search removing this may lose power HP!! or top end? see people do this and after in dyno shows less hp!! and MPG 12vs14? and speed? weight is the same right? my idea is go for 06/07 plate zx14 thanks

hagrid, in the second video below you see the tuned zx10 run away from the 06/zx14! but in top end the zx10 is like ride jetski! the zx14 is a TGV like

the Zx12 its a hell of bike!!! here in forum one guy have +200hp, but i think for ALL porpose the zx14 sound better!! the old model... the new is heavier i think...

the zx12 is expensive right now!! 2000 models 4k and 2004 5/6k... the 06 zzr1400 start at 7k.. all second hand

thanks

Here the guys kawasakiiclub portugal

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi, 2nd flies taken out on the zzr1400, the B2H ZX12R does not have 2nd flies as far as i am aware but the ZX12R does also have a power commander and custom map also... mpg on zzr1400 when touring about 50mpg but the ZX12R only about 38mpg... the 2nd flies removed definately makes the bottom end much better and to be honest who uses full bhp on the road anyway?? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
324 Posts
That 10r had a shit load of mods or the guy on the 14 is 300lbs and sitting up on it. I raced a 2005 10r from 2nd to the top of 5th. I pulled him good for as big as I am. He had a slip on I had every bolt on you can have except the n20 and a shifter. He almost cried. I can tell you this my bike will not pull a 14 of any year in the midrange like that 10 in the vid did even with all the bolt ons. So whats deal with that 10r. Redsled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
bomber12r- the ZZR14 have very good MPG!!! :clap: but this 50mpg is at 6nd at 60mph? i think is opossite if remove flyes will gain low/medium but lose top end:puzzled: and at the time of zzr14 06 plate they have forge internals/pistons etc like the Busa? and have the Map mods like the busa also? thanks

logmaster- +1 i use full power more in the street all the time, because people is crazy you need powerfull bike and skills because the ucrania robbers run with 600 or 1000ns chase you and make you fall for put the rest of the bike in truck for sell parts!!! so need to have more power for make then giv up lol :crazyloco:

and this is good also for never find where bike sleeps

redsled-funny as hell:crackup: i remember see the owners of the bike talk about this video on the forum! before i buy my triumph i like to buy a zzr1200 but i choose tiger because go in desert marroco and i only had an 50cc motocycle dont have good experience on racebikes! but this zx14 at video had yoshi pipes+gpack and the zx10 have good mods! the guy open the motor and work the head/gearbox (add +cc) and + arrow pipes+PC also!! but dont tell all secrets for the people go in his shop!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ahhh a built 10r vs bolt on 14. I thought something was up. That 10r looked like it was doing 200 when it passed that 14. Redsled.

·
Registered
321 Posts
50mpg is the average after 3000 miles on the zzr1400 through spain portugal and france, obviously it was much worse in mountaines and twisties but very good on motorways at cruising speed of around 90-120 mph, i have custom map set up to make best mpg not massive top speed as i have my wife as pillion ... not on a drag strip... the bike is plenty fast enough for this, the zx12r is setup more aggressive as i dont carry pillion on that so only get best of 38mpg or less when ridden hard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ahhh a built 10r vs bolt on 14. I thought something was up. That 10r looked like it was doing 200 when it passed that 14. Redsled.
this same guy had previously zx12 transformed also and giv 210mph gps!! this zx10 had around 220hp and 160kg! remember see one busa rider test this bike and have afraid!! said is like ride a jetski!! must attach the hands to the handlebars with handcuffs!! (i just imagine a turbo set up)

see now the forum and the guy change for a GTR14 and sell the zx10

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
50mpg is the average after 3000 miles on the zzr1400 through spain portugal and france, obviously it was much worse in mountaines and twisties but very good on motorways at cruising speed of around 90-120 mph, i have custom map set up to make best mpg not massive top speed as i have my wife as pillion ... not on a drag strip... the bike is plenty fast enough for this, the zx12r is setup more aggressive as i dont carry pillion on that so only get best of 38mpg or less when ridden hard
understand!! next time come arround Portugal!! tell something go eat and drink best places with Brazil woman dancing samba for us!!! :thumbup:

And the dealler shop have avaliable different maps for download to performance exhaust upgrade or need to make one at dyno? i just buy a blueflame pipe+link tube (not full system) and giv +10hp after install triumph dealler map for performance exhaust!! i went in the zx10 guy shop make dyno test !!! my ideia is buy then the cables and have 2 maps, one for travel and another more power for fun and Race days

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
no way in hell I'll get 50mpg on the 14.
you dont have it for trips do you?

one reason for i buy a sport tourer is because ride fast and low rpm in freeway!! my bike at 60MPH ride close to 4000rev but spend little one tank +400klm. if ride fast spend a lot!! this zzr at this speed need to ride low rpm no? in 6nd 60MPH the zzr maby 2.500 rev?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts