| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
2011 Kawasaki Versys Pictures and Information
- Comfortable, versatile motorcycle fits into a variety of riding conditions, from commuting to backroads
- 649cc parallel twin with digital fuel injection (DFI®) provides smooth, responsive power
- Long-travel fork delivers excellent performance over a wide range of situations
- Adjustable single-shock rear suspension offers progressive damping as suspension load increases
- 3-way adjustable windscreen allows customizable wind protection
- Aluminum swingarm and 17-inch cast aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for better ride quality
- Under-engine exhaust promotes better weight centralization
- Aggressive styling gives the Versys a distinctive look
649cc DOHC Parallel Twin-cylinder Engine
- The most compact engine in its category helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout keeps it short front to back
- A semi-dry sump oil system reduces overall engine height
- The narrow, chrome composite-plated aluminum cylinders help reduce engine width
- Tuned to deliver smooth, responsive power in the low- to mid-rpm range for exceptional roll-on response – ideal for negotiating city traffic, tight backroads and anything in between
- A 180-degree crankshaft and a balancer shaft produce a remarkably smooth engine
- Oil jets on the connecting rod ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling
- An under-engine muffler with 3-way catalyzer aids mass centralization for light handling and great looks
- Engine temperatures stay consistent for long engine life and sustained power in tough conditions
- Closer engine tolerances mean more horsepower
- Coolant routed through the engine cases reduces the number of external hoses
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI)
- A pair of 38mm Keihin throttle bodies with ECU-controlled sub-throttle valves mean optimum performance and rideability
- Sub-throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, give the Versys precise throttle response and great feel as well
- An automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy, even on cold days
- Precise fuel injection provides great fuel mileage, and the 3-way catalyzer significantly reduces emissions
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) System
- Microprocessor-controlled timing never requires adjustment and is ultra-responsive to the engine’s needs
- Powerful, spark plug-mounted “stick” ignition coils are compact, light and reliable
- Versys’ racing-style cassette transmission uses a compact layout that’s easily removable as a single unit from the engine cases for much easier gearbox maintenance
High-tensile Steel Trellis Frame
- The Versys’ exotic-looking trellis frame is small, light and narrow at the knees and pegs for excellent comfort and control
- 3D computer analysis in the design process achieved optimum stiffness balance for superior ride and handling
Single Shock Rear Suspension
- A distinctive aluminum gull-wing swingarm controlled by a lay-down single shock complements the distinctive frame design, with an integrated line flowing from steering head to rear hub
- The short, compact frame and engine design allows the swingarm to be longer, which improves overall handling
- The Showa shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping, and uses a free piston and two-stage damping valves for smooth action during initial compression that becomes firmer near the end of the stroke for a more planted feel
- A 41mm long-travel inverted fork combines the best of dual-sport and sportbike-type suspensions, to deliver excellent performance over a wide range of conditions
- Tapered, relatively short outer tubes help provide the ideal stiffness balance to complement frame stiffness and chassis settings
- Fork height, spring preload and rebound damping can be adjusted to fine-tune the suspension to specific conditions, riding styles and loads
Petal-style Brake Discs
- Dual 300mm petal-style discs with two-piston calipers in front and a single 220mm petal disc with a single-piston caliper in back provide plenty of stopping power
- Same rotor design as found on the Ninja® supersport machines; petal design rotors offer improved cooling and warp resistance
- Like the ones you’ll find on the Ninja ZX-6R and ZX-10R, these six-spoke wheels use less material between spokes so rim thickness is reduced along with overall wheel weight
- Lighter wheels increase overall performance – suspension, handling, acceleration/deceleration and initial turn-in
- Each section of the two-piece seat was designed with a different thickness and firmness of foam to optimize comfort for both rider and passenger
- The passenger seat and grab bars were designed to provide a natural seating position for added comfort
- An easy-to-read instrument panel has a large analog tachometer and digital readout for the speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters and clock. White LED backlighting provides increased visibility at night
- Passenger grab rails, seat cover material, and a comfortable seating position make the Versys fun for passengers
- Rubber bushings at the rear engine mounts and hollow rubber-covered footpegs result in reduced engine vibration and a more comfortable ride
- The fairing, stacked dual headlight, front fender and mirrors, and a Z1000-style LED tail light give the Versys a bold high-tech look
- The windscreen provides a large still-air pocket for comfort; three-position adjustability makes it adaptable to fit a variety of riders and climates
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder parallel twin
Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 60.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.6:1
Fuel system: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
Final drive: O-Ring chain
Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 25 degrees / 4.3 in.
Wheelbase: 55.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in.
Front tire: 120/70x17
Rear tire: 160/60x17
Front brake: Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
Rear brake: Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
Overall length: 83.7 in.
Overall width: 33.1 in.
Overall height: 52.4 in.
Seat height: 33.3 in.
Curb weight: 454.2 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
Colors: Metallic Imperial Red
Warranty: 12 months
Love the Kawasaki Power!
|2011, information, pictures, versys|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2011 Kawasaki Versys Pictures at the International Motorcycle Show||Lash||Versys||5||01-19-2012 11:34 AM|
|2011 Kawasaki Concours14 ABS Pictures and Information||Lash||Concours14||5||11-27-2011 11:38 PM|
|2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 Pictures and Information||Lash||KLR KLX||2||04-28-2011 03:25 PM|
|2011 Kawasaki 650R Pictures and Information||Lash||ZX-6R||1||10-06-2010 10:34 PM|
|2011 Kawasaki 250R Pictures and Information||Lash||250R 500R||1||10-06-2010 10:26 PM|