Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
you say that like it's easy to find rods of the correct size...?
All bearing inserts for rods and crank have been changed. Rods are on crank, torqued plus 120°.
I did not assemble case halves, because I decided to buy the Three Bond 1207B gasket compound after some hand wringing. It arrives tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I pulled all the valves from the cylinder head, so that I can clean them and clean the valve seats of any carbon buildup. I am not sure how thorough I am going to try and be, because I don't want to generate too much loose carbon, and I want to be careful not to remove any metal. I think I will use either Scotch-Brite or perhaps a brass brush. I am surveying other techniques online, with the understanding that not everyone does it the right way.
So, I have turned the corner, and I am beginning to reassemble things. So far, so good.